Beighton

All Saints' Church is open daily for visitors; and is home to a small, friendly congregation with two regular services per month.

NB The Church is closed to visitors until c. June 2020 to enable the long-awaited rethatching and improvement work to take place. Sunday services will continue to be held in the chancel (enter by the small door) and there will be access to most of the churchyard. Look out for details of an Open Day on 9th November 2019 when it will be possible to view the work in progress in safety.

The church is a small to medium size 14C building of flint and stone dressing. The Nave roof is thatched with eyebrows over the clerestory windows and is supported by 28 original 14C single-framed scissor braced collar rafters. The West end 14C Tower was raised in 1847 with a top stage and corner figures of the Evangelists by Revd T L Fellowes who also added the North aisle and vestry. There is one 6cwt bell dated 1625. Entrance is by the South porch. There is a 13C font with later oak cover. A Bishop's Cross is painted on the South wall. The Victorian pews in the nave and aisles have a great variety of poppy-head ends. In the North-west corner are two finely carved pew ends, one depicting a sow feeding 10 piglets and the other a dog. The Screen was much restored in Victorian times with a crucifixion scene on top with four attendant figures. In the Chancel there is much fine Victorian carving with six stained glass windows showing the Apostles and a fine stained-glass East window.

Find us                                                                                     Enquire about a wedding at this church